Frequently Asked Questions
Google Maps and Setting up API Key
View Client Address with Google Maps
You can view client addresses via Google Maps when a Google Maps API Key has been entered in System Settings. Client addresses can be viewed in two ways:
• single client via a client's Address entry in Client Focus
• multiple client's from the client List or Search results.
To view a client's location in Client Focus
While accessing a client:
1. In the navigation menu, select Key Details > Contact.
2. In the Address panel, open an existing Address entry or add a new entry. A map showing the Address location displays. If you are adding or have changed an Address, click Update Map to get the new location.
To view the locations of multiple clients
When view client locations via the client List or Search results, only the preferred Address of each client displays.
1. List or search for clients.
2. In the navigation menu, select Functions > Location Map. A map of all listed clients displays. Clicking a pin on the map will access the client.
Obtain your Google Maps API Key
Option 1: Already have an API Key set up?
1. Access the Google Cloud Console https://cloud.google.com/console. A list of existing Projects displays.
2. Click the name of a Project.
3. On the left navigation menu, select APIs & Auth > Credentials.
4. Copy the two Google API keys (Key for server applications and Key for browser applications)
5. Send to Practice Dynamix (copy and paste, please don’t send a screen shot)
Option 2: Have not previously set up an API Key
1. Access the Google Cloud Console https://cloud.google.com/console.
2. Log in or create a Google account.
3. Click Create Project.
4. Enter a Project Name and Project ID.
5. Click Create. Creating the Project can take some time. A Welcome message displays when the Project has been created
6. On the left navigation menu, select APIs & Auth. The APIs page displays.
8. Find Geocoding API, then click OFF to toggle Status to ON.
9. On the left navigation menu, select APIs & Auth > Credentials.
10. Click Create New Key. A Create a new key popup displays.
11. Click Server key.
12. Click Create.
13. Click Create New Key. A Create a new key popup displays.
14. Click Browser key.
15. Click Create.
16. Copy the two Google API keys (Key for server applications and Key for browser applications)
17. Send to Practice Dynamix (copy and paste, please do not send a screen shot)
Further Guidance For queries or further guidance please contact Practice Dynamix via phone 1300 032 023 or email email@example.com